An open and equal society, with active youth working for positive change, there is open two-way communication between citizens and government. Residents are provided with full and objective information through independent media.
“SJMC for open and equal society”
SJMC- “Samtskhe-Javakheti Media Center” is a non-governmental organization that promotes development of democratic processes, empowerment of civil society organizations, gender equality, youth involvement and strengthening of independent media in Samtskhe-Javakheti and Kvemo Kartli.
SJMC has been working in regions, settled by ethnic minorities, since 2002, and actively use non-formal education, advocacy campaigns and multimedia components.
The governing body of the organization is board, which is elected by the joint member meeting. The head of the organization is executive director. Recently there are 9 employees and 2 volunteers working at the organization.
Samtskhe-Javakheti Media Center SJMC
- Is transparent and accountable
- Believes in active citizenship
- Is results-oriented, committed to continuous learning and development.
- Recognizes the role of independent and objective media in the development of democratic processes
- Combats gender and ethnic discrimination, and recognizes equality and tolerance
- Believes that young people are an important forces for fundamental changes
- Believes that civil society organizations, citizens and the government should share responsibility for their actions.